Explore Our Scope
Our Customer Engagement Process: Your Path to Custom Software Success
Welcome to QAT Global, where we specialize in providing custom software development services tailored to meet the unique needs of enterprise clients. We understand that every business is different, which is why our engagement process is designed to ensure a seamless partnership that delivers exceptional results. Discover how QAT Global can help you navigate the complexities of enterprise custom software development and drive your business forward.
Your Partner in Success
At QAT Global, we believe in the power of collaboration. Our team of experienced professionals works closely with you to gain a deep understanding of your business objectives, challenges, and requirements. We become an extension of your team, aligning our expertise with your vision to deliver software solutions that meet and exceed your expectations.
Customer Engagement Process
Before you formally engage with QAT Global, we’ll have a series of meetings to get to know one another, go over the specifics of your project, and provide you with feedback on it and your budget. We believe every software engagement should start with a professional, consultative evaluation before any contracts are signed, which is why pre-project consulting with us is free.
This phase of our customer engagement process usually involves a few meetings with members of our sales, leadership, and development teams. They will work with you to make sure we fully understand what you need in terms of both software functionality and a team.
- Assessing Fit – We’ll learn about each other to decide if there’s a good cultural, work style, and technical fit between our companies. If there’s a good fit, we’ll move forward to learn more about the specifics of your project.
- Discovery & Proposal – We’ll ask many in-depth questions and help you evaluate your assumptions and explore alternatives. We’ll also help you understand if your budget and timeline are appropriate for the project. Then we’ll create a broad plan for developing the project and put together a proposal.
Step 1: Introductions
Once you get in touch with us by completing a form on our website, sending us an email, or calling the office, our sales team will schedule a brief call to discuss the project and answer more specific questions like:
- Does your project fall within our area of expertise (custom software, web apps, integrations, and modernization)?
- Does your timeline work with our current availability?
Once we’ve confirmed that we may be able to help you with your project, we’ll schedule an exploratory call to get more details about your project and talk a little more about the QAT Global culture and our philosophy on building solutions. We will also get into more detail about engagement models and timelines as well.
Step 2: Getting to Know You
Your team will meet with members of our development, leadership, and sales teams to discuss your project. Our development team members bring extensive real-world project experience to this highly consultative discussion. Our upfront approach is designed to help both you and us get to know each other. We want to hear your story and vision and will ask lots of questions. This call is about helping you build what you need. Our call goals include:
- Learning about your team – who are the key players, what are their backgrounds, what are their roles in the project, and their roles at the company?
- Discovering your business challenges – what challenges are you trying to solve with a custom solution? How are you addressing these challenges currently? If there is an existing code base, we’d like to see a demo of your current solution.
- Exploring your vision – does your team already have a solution in mind? If so, what does it look like? What options have you already eliminated from consideration?
- Learning about how will the success of your solution be measured – what is the business objective?
- Discovering your budget and timeline – it’s essential that we have an idea of time and financial requirements to plan the best path to solving your challenges.
- Finding out why us – why did you contact QAT Global, and why do you think we might be a good fit for your project? Is there something on our website or online presence that caught your attention?
During the call, we’ll help you understand if custom software is the best option for solving your challenges and meeting your goals. In some cases, the solutions companies need can be matched with existing solutions and do not call for the types of skills that the QAT Global team offers. If this is the case, our team will help you to understand your options. However, if custom software is your best option, we’ll help you understand your technical needs and how QAT Global’s capabilities and experience support them.
If we feel we can help you and are a good fit for one another, the next step is to move forward to develop a high-level proposal for your project.
Step 3: Discovery & Proposal
If we feel that we can deliver a great solution at an excellent value for you, we’ll move on to delving into the specific details of the challenges you’re facing, share our experiences, and brainstorm potential solutions; it’s an ongoing process that typically takes 2-4 weeks. While this doesn’t involve financial commitment, it involves a significant commitment of your time and resources. In addition to answering any questions that you may have, the steps in this phase typically include:
- Gathering specific requirements, including user types, major features, technology requirements, and major user stories
- Discussing your project with our architects and technical team leads
- Providing you with a formal proposal that includes an estimated cost and timeline
Technical members of our team will meet with you several times over the course of the proposal period to discuss the specifics of your project and ask additional questions they have to make sure we fully understand your requirements. These meetings provide the basis for helping you imagine the best solution possible for your challenges and goals.
We’ll also hold a series of internal discussions with more team members about your project so we can come back to you with the best mix of potential solutions. Because our team members work on diverse project types for clients in a wide range of industries, they bring expertise on the business side of technology as well. Our team members are happy to share their experiences and thoughts with you to make the best solution decision for your company.
The proposal process enables us to prepare a formal proposal that outlines our high-level analysis, approach, design, cost, and timeline. The presentation of this proposal to you concludes the pre-project consulting phase of our customer engagement process.